Universal Avionics Systems Corporation is a leading manufacturer of innovative avionics systems utilized on business and air transport aircraft worldwide.
Our ability to maintain our leadership position in the industry is directly attributed to the talent and commitment of our people. We hire the best and provide competitive compensation, an excellent benefits package and the tools for success.
The Instrument Division in Duluth, Georgia is looking for a Software Engineer 3 to join their team.
Perform software engineering task to develop software for embedded systems utilized in advance flat panel flight instrumentation for a cockpit display system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Selected candidates will be responsible for performing Software Engineering tasks that could be anywhere within the software development life cycle.
- This includes requirements definition, design, coding, SW test or documentation for the cockpit display system.
- Assignments will include designing new applications, as well as maintaining existing applications.
- The candidate will work with other software and hardware engineers as part of a project team using DO-178B processes.
- The candidate will also be responsible for generating and maintaining documentation.
- The candidate is expected to work in a lead role after a period exposure to the Universal Avionics Systems Corporations software engineering environment.
- Should have a understanding of the software engineering process and experienced developing software for real-time embedded systems.
- Experience writing software for products in the avionics industry is desirable.
- Being familiar with processes centered on DO-178B standards (Software Considerations in Airborne Systems), or similar, is also desirable.
- Familiarity with ARINC 429, 624, 615, 615a, 708, CSDB, satellite weather, Guidance, and Navigation is desired.
- Education – Master’s Degree in Software, Computer or Electrical Engineering (depending on level of experience)
- Experience - 4 to 8 years in software development.
Send resumes to:
11351 Willows Rd NE
Redmond, WA 98052