- Develop real time embedded software in support of Universal’s existing avionics products.
- This engineer will be involved in all aspects of product development including developing production code, test applications, software requirements, and documentation per DO-168B and internal procedures.
- This engineer will also work closely with members of other departments such as hardware development and software certification groups during the development cycle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop embedded software for Universal’s existing products in a competitive environment.
- Use the software development processes at UASC-ID to satisfy FAA and EASA requirements.
- Meet deadlines established by the needs of our customers.
- Work closely with systems, and hardware engineers, as well as individuals in the software certification, and engineering publications departments.
- Perform peer code reviews, develop requirements, and edit documentation needed to support software product development.
- Will utilize the full extent of Universals test facilities and contribute to the enhancement our test capability.
- Should have a general understanding of the software engineering process and experience developing software for embedded applications.
- Experience writing software for products in the avionics industry is desirable.
- Being familiar with processes centered on DO-178B standards (Software Considerations in Airborne Systems), or similar, is also desirable.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor of Science or Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering (depending on level of experience)
- 2 to 10 years in embedded software development
- High level of knowledge in C and C++ programming languages
This job description may not list all the duties of the job. UASC has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time and for any reason.
U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent residency status required. Universal Avionics’ products and technology are controlled under U.S export laws including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, Export Administration Regulations and the Export Administration Act (“Export Laws”). Universal Avionics’ inquiry regarding citizenship is solely for the purpose of ensuring that Universal Avionics remains compliant with the Export Laws and Universal Avionics internal export control procedures.
Please submit resume and salary requirements to:
Drug Free Workplace
Equal Opportunity Employer